RVN Channel 2 Wagga Wagga
Australian post production
Homepage Discussion forums Drake genealogy Genealogy resources center Reciprocating links and FFAL
Search engine central Television post production Website design and services Webmasters resources
home ECV Pro image Apocalypse Digital Pictures RVN2 Ex Staff
TCN9 TEN10 GMDs Links Videos
Riverina Television dividend
bi centennial group photo
Roll Call
Death of Wagga TV 'pioneer'
The Origins of Riverina Television Pty Ltd
40th Anniversary Reunion
Image Gallery
History makers gather
After reunion party rest??
50th Anniversary Reunion in 2014
David Font Facebook page
The death occurred in Sydney Hospital on Tuesday of Mr. Stuart Warden McDonald, who was the initial chief engineer for RVN-2 in Wagga.

Born at Dunedin in New Zealand, Mr. McDonald was 65.

He came to Wagga in 1963 to be the chief engineer for RVN-2. Mr. W. Marsden, the station's general manager said yesterday Mr. McDonald was responsible for the technical. installation of the station and for the engineering operation of the station until his retirement last September.

After his retirement, he went to Sydney to work as a consultant engineer with Air Program International.

Prior to coming to Wagga, he was with A.W.A. in Sydney for one year, having spent all of his early working life with the New Zealand Broadcasting Service, where he helped to establish the original television installation in New Zealand, said Mr. Marsden.

During his stay with RVN, Mr. McDonald was a member of a number of industry committees, associated with the Federation of Austra1ian Commercial Television Stations (FACTS), and he did major work in assisting to establish standards for colour television in Australia, Mr. Marsden said.

Mr. McDonald's wife, Alice May McDonald, predeceased him. He is survived by one daughter and two granddaughters.

Mr. McDonald had been living at Flat 5, 5 Tintem Road, Ashfield, and while in Wagga, lived in Nixon Crescent.

Mr. McDonald was an elder at St. Andrew's Church while in Wagga.

Mr. McDonald's funeral will leave St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Wagga, tomorrow, Friday, February 4, 1977 at the conclusion of a service commencing at 11.30 a.m. for interment in the Old Wagga Cemetery, arriving. approximately 12.30 p.m.

Arrangements by John